Steve Jones Horsemanship conducts multi discipline clinics and lessons for all levels of Horsemen.
The basic concept in training is to teach the horse to SEEK the release from pressure. I want to apply a specific cue to a specific body part to get a specific response. I hold the cue until the horse finds the release. A phrase I use is “make the horse own it.” Another way to look at it is for the horse to take the responsibility to engage the thinking side of his brain. The Human responsibility is to not Micro-manage! Apply the cue, allow the horse to find the release of pressure, release the pressure, and then correct them when they don’t hold the response (re-apply the cue). This approach allows you get more light with your cues and start putting combinations together. By seeking the release from pressure, the horse will perform desired maneuvers and be more consistent in doing them.
Steve Jones Horsemanship:
- Associations: AQHA, APHA, ARHA, ARSHA, NRCHA
- ARHA Professional Horseman
- 2017 and 2018 ARSHA All-Around (Open)
- ARA World Show Finalist- Ranch Riding, Trail
- Author to Numerous Publications ( 25 years for Horsemen’s Round-UP)
- Clinics: From Ground to Saddle; Building the Foundation; Fundamentals of Western Horsemanship; Ranch Versatility & Stock Horse (including cow work); Building Confidence for Horse and Rider; Competitive Trail; Horse Packing and Wilderness Riding
- Clinics have been presented to 20,000 + Horsemen